Wednesday 6 July 2011

Prague Quadrennial

In June 2007 I was just completing my foundation course at Wimbledon College of Art. Having known virtually nothing about the performing arts or theatre, I was about to enroll on a 3 year Bachelors in stage design. I felt like I was plunging into an exciting world of mad creativity, and yet I probably didn't know what a rostra was and could barely build to scale. I did know about the Prague Quadrennial - not quite a festival, more than an exhibition - and how I had just missed out on it. "Next festival will be in 2011, I'll be a graduate! Maaan that's aaaages away". Here it is. I am a graduate, nay, 'professional' dare I say? Barely.


 










 Es Devlin and Roni Toren in conversation. Man, I want to be her.








 Well done Belgium! An odd moment of unrelated patriotism for the excellently executed student exhibition with works from La Cambre.







 And the rest. NB includes tempting images of food, do not view if stomach has been empty for over 1 hour.




Prague you are so damn beautiful.



Gastronomalicious! Naturally we sampled some goulash but I was mightilly impressed by this killer cheesecake - phwooaaarr


No comments:

Post a Comment