Monday 11 July 2011

Berlin be my baby

Dear Diary,
Guess who I have a crush on...

Berlin, ich liebe dich. After a more-than-eventful few days exploring scenographic magic and medieval sites in Prague, I decided to hop on the terribly convenient night bus to Berlin. Arrival Kaiserdam 4:30am. A quick kip on the lush plastic seats of the station and I was ready to hit the U-Bahn East. I was surprised to hear of all too familiar engineering works...But arrived at a magic hour to Rosa Luxembourg where sweet Franziska offered her humble abode which I quickly fell in love with you. Berlin Love, take it away...


















Kreuzberg night out reminded me of the time my brother and I crashed a New Year's Eve party in Tel Aviv. We heard music blasting from a top floor apartment and decided to find out more. Friends were made, Berliner Kindl was consumed.








Sabine and Linda playing along for tourist satisfaction...


...til dawn.



Aforementioned humble abode








A wee overdone on the Berlin blogs but the street art really is shit hot.



                                YOU KNOW THE DRILL


A perfect light lunch at Anna Blume. Fish soup.

  
Happy cheap sushi

A perfect ending. Verdict: New York cheesecake LOSES, it's all about the Käsekuchen.



New city, old friends! Indulging in a local Friedrichlain Vietnamese with the Kostucki brothers, cousin and Seb.




Mais c'est bon la vie...divine breakfast and cakes in that wonderful place I've managed to forget.



Tschuss and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment