Monday 3 January 2011

prettige nieuwjar











Happy 2011 from icy Brussels. Made a new discovery yesterday: Wiels Space in Midi, showing Francis Alys work, relatively interesting and quizzical in parts, I was more enchanted by the fantastic factory-like space with concrete staircases and copper cylinders. What's more the south of Brussels has a very cinematic landscape - a curious juxtaposition of 'urban haphazard' and open rail tracks and graffitied station collonades...really quite atmospheric, especially in typical grey misty with a tinge of sunlight weather.

Prior to that I had the great (p)leisure of spending a cosy day and night in Arendonk, just west of Antwerp with lovely friends. A candlelit an open-fire dinner in the lake house, lake frozen, although this time I did not attempt to stand on it, remembering last year's consequences of my chubby boot.

BREF good places, good company, good food, great sighs. Tomorrow I am a year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment