Monday 5 December 2011

Two plays

I saw recently. I am loving making time to go to the theatre regularly. My pocket isn't quite keeping up with my wishes, but there are too many good shows around London at the moment to watch the piggy bank grow thin.

I am not apt at reviewing performances, but I stumbled upon this sweet blog.



Juno and the Paycock at the National Theatre was rather long and predictable...although I suppose a solid show with good performances. For theatre, it's got to enlighten me. And this one just didn't.


At the Gate in Notting Hill, I saw Yerma directed by Natalie Abrahami who is putting on more powerful work as joint artistic director. The design by Ruth Suttcliffe worked well too. I worked with Ruth briefly at college and was reminded of her detail and finish when I saw this play. Recommended. What's more, Hasan Dixon who plays Juan graduated from my school in 2008 (Central School of Speech and Drama) and great to see him perform professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment