Monday 14 February 2011

Porridge love





I've been eating porridge nearly every morning for a good few years now. I love the texture and the endless topping combinations. Recently (with a little help from Nigel of course) I've perfected porridge cooking with a little flaking of salt and lots of stirring. This usually means getting up 10mins early or beign 10mins late...but it's worth it.
I 'indulged' in some weekend newspaper reading as well. I never read fast enough so the paper stays on my desk or by my bed until the following weekend.

Luxury time to cook has been sparse (although you wouldn't be able to tell by the looks of this blog). Last night was a Mediterranean medley of stuffed pepper with quinoa, roasted flat mushrooms and a Middle Eastern special, done oh-so-irresistibly: fried cauliflower with lemon juice and parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment